struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Holmes Jr." <...@tomholmes.net>
Subject Struts2 Pre-Action
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:44:17 GMT
I've been playing with Struts2+Spring2 beans+Hibernate and that all
works very well.

So, now I am trying something simpler ... so consider this a new
web-project altogether with just Struts2 ... no Spring2 and no Hibernate.
Basically, I want to call a pre-Action action that loads a bean into a
session and then calls a JSP page ... simple right?

So, I am presuming that in the struts.xml file I have an action like:
<action name="start" method="execute" class="com.me.path.me.again.MyAction">
    <result name="success">/mypage.jsp</result>
    <result name="error">/myerror.jsp</result>
</action>

Is that all I need?   Is there anything else?   Can you send me some
links for examples?

God!   I wish there were some more books out there on Struts2 ... I'd
read them first before asking here.
And yes, I tried getting information from Google first.

Thanks very much for all the help!
                                                                     Tom