struts-user mailing list archives

From Ian Roughley <...@fdar.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2: Unable to catch exceptions via global-exception-mappings
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:57:45 GMT
Is the exception occurring during the call to execute() (or equivalent)
business logic method?  This is where the exception handler interceptor
is applied.  It seems like the exception you are receiving is from a
rendering phase outside the execution of the actions logic.

/Ian

mikeh96 wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time.. unfortunately, the exceptions are still
> percolating up.
> Do you have it working?
>

> Brian Trzupek wrote:
>
>> I am not 100% sure on this, but I think you need to have
>> struts.devMode = false in struts.properties.
>>
>> Give that a whirl.
>>
>> Brian-
>>
>> On Sep 30, 2007, at 9:43 PM, mikeh96 wrote:
>>

>>> I am unable to trap an exception and it's being pushed up until it
>>> becomes a
>>> 500 Servlet Exception.
>>>
>>> Basically, I want to catch the exception if a user mistypes an
>>> action name
>>>
>>> I am using struts2 (2.0.9).
>>>
>>> Here's the top of the trace:
>>> org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException:
>>> Unable to find resource '/templates/screens/inddd2ex.vm'
>>> at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(