struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Pratt" <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML configuration and performance
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:06:03 GMT
On 10/26/07, Laurie Harper <laurie@holoweb.net> wrote:
> Tomás Pollak wrote:
> > These files are pretty stable now, so having to pay the price to parse the
> > XML every time seems unnecessary. I was wondering if there is an approach to
> > configure a Struts application using code instead of XML files. Has anyone
> > bumped into this problem before?
> > Is there a tool to transform a Struts/Tiles/Validator XML file into a Java
> > class that produces the same configuration? I could not find anything in the
> > documentation.

In theory you could find the point in the code where the files are
loaded, and check to see if serialized versions of the xml tree are
available, if they are load them directly using the Serialization
support in Java, if not load the XML and Serialize the results for
next time.

As I mentioned, this is just theory, I have never even thought of
trying something like this and I have no idea how much faster it would
be than just parsing the XML, it might not be worth all the work.
  (*Chris*)