struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kothari, Kailash" <Kailash_Koth...@intuit.com>
Subject RE: Inheritance within form beans
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:45:25 GMT
You're right about letting users edit these attributes - they don't.

The reality is that the form bean is used to hold a lot more than form
data, it also holds info that's typically stored in the session.

I have to do some thinking about simplifying this like you said..

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Reumann [mailto:rick.reumann@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 3:47 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Inheritance within form beans

On 10/3/07, Kothari, Kailash <Kailash_Kothari@intuit.com> wrote:
> Ok, that's quite interesting..
>
> I think I just need to find a efficient way of doing the deep copy
> because my parent class has thousands of attributes in all including
> nested attributes..

Hmm "thousands" of attributes? I doubt you are letting the user edit all
of them? Obviously I don' t know your user requirements, but wouldn't
you only need to copy over things the user can edit? Is it really 'that'
much stuff (including 'that' much nested stuff) they are actually
editing? Just curious. Maybe there is a way to simplify this a bit?