struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Ajax recommendations for use with Struts1.1
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:46:34 GMT
I plan on using extjs for the last chapter of the book I'm currently
writing as it impressed me quite a bit as well... I won't be using the
AJAX functionality, but as far as widgets go, looks very promising.

To Ted's point though, I haven't checked out the source code... YUI
absolutely has some of the most well-written Javascript you'll find
anywhere... I consider myself quite competent in client-side coding, but
there are some libraries out there that I've had to hack that give me a
headache trying to follow, but YUI doesn't suffer from that in the least.
Clean, well-documented, as Ted said, a pleasure to deal with whether you
have to modify it or not (I do wish the widgets were more full-featured
and, frankly, cooler-looking, but there's something to be said for
simplicity too).

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti