struts-user mailing list archives

From cilquirm <aadi.deshpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Struts 2] : Zero Configuraiton : some feedback
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:12:34 GMT

I use Zero Conf and codebehind a lot, and I think they're both incredibly
useful.  especially in this newer world of convention over configuration,
etc...  When I have a package hierarchy all set up, i don't feel the need to
muck with struts.xml, because I can get directly down to coding.

There are cases where you have to go back to struts.xml ( like wildcarding,
and being able to customize and manage interceptor refs ) , and that needs
some looking into.

In my opinion, ZeroConf and Codebehind need to be together, and available as
a plugin, because they work so well together. This is sort of where the
smart-urls plugin  ( a great piece of work, too ) comes in.  Maybe effort
should be placed into that to plump that up and 'robusticate it' ( as my
co-worker likes to say )

In my perception of the near-future world, some additions to zc/cb or
smart-urls . some flex-json style ability for the json plugin, a bit of
guice and warp, and you've got a very easy development cycle.

-a