struts-user mailing list archives

From mikeh96 <mi...@ncsa.edu>
Subject Re: Struts 2: Unable to catch exceptions via global-exception-mappings
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:26:39 GMT

the previous posting seems to not like the \<param\>

You are right... I am just trying to catch those rare events.

Now here's something crazy:  (and I have checked, and double checked,
restarted server, etc).
BUT if I add a &lt;param&gt to my action, the exception mapping WORKS.  If I
take it away, the exception is
not caught.

<action name="*" class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport">
          &lt;param name="foo">bar</param&gt;
          <interceptor-ref name="exception" />
          <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
          <result type="velocity">/templates/screens/{1}.vm</result>
</action>

That works like a charm, remove the foo/bar and I get 500 error.  struts.xml
file is the same as I posted.

Any ideas?