struts-user mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.1.0 dojo plugin
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:01:41 GMT
The context should never be null, is any other tag working for you
(ajax or non ajax)

musachy

On 9/20/07, Engelking, Nicholas <Nicholas.Engelking@tdsecurities.com> wrote:
> Hi. I have built Struts 2 from the head a few days ago. I am trying to move my ajax code
over to the new dojo plugin, but it doesn't seem to work for me. The examples in the showcase
do work, however I get an error when I try to add the functionality to my own site.

> The error seems to be present for the rendering of dojo tags. For a closing tree tag:
>
> 2007-09-20 11:25:02,927 ERROR (org.apache.struts2.components.ClosingUIBean:60) - Could
not open template
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.struts2.dojo.components.Tree.evaluateExtraParams(Tree.java:270)
>         at org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.evaluateParams(UIBean.java:828)
>         at org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.end(UIBean.java:493)
>         at org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ComponentTagSupport.doEndTag(ComponentTagSupport.java:41)
>         etc.
>
> I have added the new struts core jar, the dojo plugin jar, and the new xwork jar to my
lib directory. I peeked at the stack. In the tree case the line

> 270        boolean generateId = !(Boolean)stack.getContext().get(Head.PARSE_CONTENT);
>
> In Tree causes the error. stack.getContext() is an empty map and the attempt to cast
the null result of the lookup to a Boolean and negate it throws the exception. Presumably
the wrong context is being returned, or perhaps The wrong stack was passed to the bean. The
jsp snippit that is causing the error is

> <%@ taglib prefix="sx" uri="/struts-dojo-tags" %>
> <head>
> <jsp:include page="/ajax/commonInclude.jsp"/>
> </head>
>
>                         <sx:tree rootNode="%{root}"
>                                 childCollectionProperty="directories" nodeIdProperty="id"
>                                 nodeTitleProperty="name"treeSelectedTopic="nodeSelected">
>                         </sx:tree>
>
> What must I do to get dojo working? Am I missing something configuration wise? The examples
work for me. Is there somewhere I have to enable or configure the dojo plugin?