struts-user mailing list archives

From Hayrol Reyes Mejía <hayr...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts 2 !!!OK!!! cannot we live without Spring?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:41:08 GMT
Ok, thanks guys.

But it's not completely clear for me why to use: Struts2 + Spring2 + Hibernate3 ... if I can
do the same with Struts2 + Hibernate3 avoiding a layer of possible problems. Maybe it's because
I think of a MVC framework that provide me all the necessary to build the View of the application
with JSP the controler with Actions and Mappings and the interface model with Hibernate without
the need to look away for other solutions parts.

Any way, I'll have to give a look to Spring sections that "rocks" and try it according to
documentations I found.

Best Regards,

Hayrol

> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:40:48 -0400> From: musachy@gmail.com> To: user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Struts 2 !!!OK!!! cannot we live without Spring?> > Plus, if you haven't
used Spring, you should give it a try, it rocks,> except the MVC, IMO (but I'm biased anyway
:) )> > musachy> > > > On 8/31/07, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com>
wrote:> > --- Hayrol Reyes Mejía <hayrolr@hotmail.com> wrote:> > > why
I have found several documentation, tutorials,> > > etc, that always include Spring?
... It's supposed> > > that we need to live with Spring for the rest of> >
> the live?> >> > You don't need to use Spring if you don't want to.> >>
> Spring consists of many independent parts; you do not> > need to use all of it
-- the primary use in S2> > applications is primarily dependency injection, which>
> is very simple to set up and maintain.> >> > I suspect many of us also use
it for database access,> > but that's certainly not required (although it's a> >
e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org> >> >> > > -- > "Hey you! Would