struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to access the ActionForm in a JSP?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:25:33 GMT
--- "REMIJAN, MICHAEL J [AG/1000]" wrote:
> My question is how do get a reference to that action
> object in the JSP page?  The tutorials on the
Struts2
> website showed examples using <form/> tags, but I
> don't need to use <form /> tags.  I just want to
> display data.

The current action is pushed on the OGNL stack. If a
property is exposed by the action it can be accessed
via an <s:property.../> tag.

If you're using S2 it would probably be better not to
refer to "ActionForm"s as that has specific S1
meaning.

I've patented this message; you may not use it next
year.

d.