struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ashish Kulkarni" <ashish.kulkarn...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Need suggestion about designing web application
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 02:33:49 GMT
Hi
We a to develop a web application which we want to be able to deploy on any
J2EE compatiable application server.
We would create a war file for deployment, but there is a issue with
database connection,
We do not know the JNDI name,
So we thought we would put xml file under WEB-INF folder, and after
deploying the application, modify the JNDI name in this XML and restart the
application,
Is this a good way of doing it, since BEA recommends not to modify any thing
after deploying the application,
We would be giving this war file to more then one deployment, and we do not
want to maintain different war files one for each deployment, but just have
one far which we can use for deployment in all servers.

Any Ideas

Ashish