struts-user mailing list archives

From Arne Brutschy <abruts...@xylon.de>
Subject Re[2]: Strange problem after upgrading from struts 1.1 to 1.3.8
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:37:13 GMT
Hello,

P> It is part of the HTML spec that disabled fields are not submitted in the
P> request. This is not a Struts thing but HTML. You should make sure the HTML
P> is being rendered the same, because that's probably what is causing your
P> problem.
Hmm, I thought it might be like this. I'm just wondering why struts
1.1 is submitting the data. I don't know why my application is relying
on that, but it does (it's a bit old). Hmm, now I need to find a
work-around..

Is there a way to pass model attributes through the form without the
user seeing it (or having the possibility to alter them like the
hidden form fields)?

Thanks!
Arne

P> On 9/17/07, Arne Brutschy <abrutschy@xylon.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A> I'm not sure if the reason for this is some change in the tags (my
>> A> tags are simply wrappers around the standard struts tags, ie.
>> A> XylonTextTag extends TextTag) or the changes in the request wrapper
>> A> system. I tried to set
>> A> <controller
>> A> processorClass="org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor" />
>> A> in the struts config as well, but no change.
>> After debugging hours through tomcat code, I'm sure the Request
>> processor is not the problem. At least, as soon as the request hits
>> the action servlet, the postdata contains only the described
>> parameters and not the ones the user couldn't write to.
>>
>> So I guess it's been some change in the tags or something else.. I
>> will continue tomorrow...
>>
>> Arne

Arne Brutschy                    M ++49-170-7568918
Kantstr. 35                      @ abrutschy@xylon.de
04275 Leipzig