struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Reumann" <rick.reum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexed and Nested properties
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:46:40 GMT
On 9/29/07, Radha Krishna <struts_source@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     i am working on indexed,nested properties. i have following entries in my ActionForm

Radha, I think you are making this too complicated trying to use an
index in your setter (I think if I recall correctly you only needed
that kind of thing in Java1.3 with the way BeanUtils worked?).  I'm
assuming you want to submit the form and have all the selections from
your List on the form captured? If so, follow this example:

http://www.learntechnology.net/content/struts/struts_nested.jsp

That example shows using the nested tag to do what you want or
straight JSTL. (The only slight 'gotcha' is look at the reset method..
but it's still really simple.)

--
Rick