struts-user mailing list archives

From "Session A Mwamufiya" <smwam...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: file upload exception
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 06:16:48 GMT
Where is the uploaded file supposed to be found on the server once it is uploaded?  I'm using
Jboss.  I only get a temp file that doesn't contain the content of the file I uploaded.

Any ideas what could be going on?  I have the details of my code in the previous threads.

Thanks,
Session

> Thanks for the tip, it worked to get me by the errors I was having.
>
> I'm now stuck with not getting the actual file uploaded.  I put logging
> in the getters and setters in my java class, though the filename field is
> fetched correctly, the actually file is not: there's a temp file that
> gets created in my
> C:\jboss-4.2.1.GA\server\default\work\jboss.web\localhost\zen.server
> directory (which is the pathname returned by the file object), but it
> only has the word import in it (not the content of the file that was
> uploaded).
>
> has anyone come across this problem before?  how do I gain access to the
> uploaded file?
>

>> Make sure you have commons-io, commons-fileupload, and
>> commons-collections jar files in your WEB-INF/lib directory.  At least
>> this worked for me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 19:07 -0400, Session A Mwamufiya wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using struts 2.0.6, and I keep getting the following exception
>>> when I try to replicate the fileupload example in the showcase:
>>>
>>> Unable to load bean
>>> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.multipart.MultiPartRequest (jakarta) -
>>> [unknown location]
>>> org.apache.struts2.config.BeanSelectionProvider$ObjectFactoryDelegate
>>> Fa ctory.create(BeanSelectionProvider.java:247)
>>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerBuilder$4.create(ContainerBui
>>> ld er.java:134)
>>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getInstance(ContainerImp
>>> l. java:476)
>>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getInstance(ContainerImp
>>> l. java:486)
>>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$9.call(ContainerImpl.jav
>>> a: 517)
>>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.callInContext(ContainerI
>>> mp l.java:542)
>>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getInstance(ContainerImp
>>> l. java:515)
>>> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.wrapRequest(Dispatcher.java:
>>> 70 0)