struts-user mailing list archives

From Leonidas Papadakis ...@creteonline.gr>
Subject Re: [s2] How do I output unicode characters please help
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:38:12 GMT
What if you convert the hex unicode that you get from the db, before you
show it ... (i.e. when you set the action variable) ...

David Harland wrote:
> These characters are not static they are being created dynamically. I can not put them
in a property file. I am getting the hex unicode for the characters from the database as 00fc
and then I am trying to set them to a variable in my action eg

> setTest("\u00fc")
>
> but when I view the output from
>
> <s:property value="test"/>
>
> I see &#xFC; instead of actual character.  If you put \u00fc in a property file it
works correctly why is it not working from an action?

the german character u" output. If I have an action with the variable test and I set it with
\u00fc and I output it in a jsp I get the encoding &#xFC;.