struts-user mailing list archives

From Skip Hollowell <s...@skipdaddy.com>
Subject {S2}doublselect How to create the doubleList
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:29:03 GMT
2 days is my limit on attempting to implement a feature before I finally
beg:

I have read the doc, and am able to create a double list with static
data in the jsp.
<s:doubleselect label="doubleselect test1" name="menu"
list="{'fruit','other'}" doubleName="dishes" doubleList="top == 'fruit'
? {'apple', 'orange'} : {'monkey', 'chicken'}" />

And I have read the group here and looked at a couple posts from someone
that references Client and Task in their action, and that was helpful,
to a point.

But I have done all I know how to do and now, I ask for help (again).  I
have a list of Call Centers (A-E, let's say) and then for each of those,
there is a list of possible Cost Centers (A1-A5, B1-B5, etc etc)

Using examples and trial and error, I have this so far

    <s:doubleselect label="doubleselect test1" name="callCenter"
list="callCenters"
                                      doubleName="costCenter"
doubleList="doubleCostCenters" />

I put a plain List<String> as callCenters, and I am able to view that
dropdown.

Now, from what I have been able to glean, I need to create a list of a
collection of things for my cost centers, but that is where I break
down.  What should costCenters be defined as in this case?  I know more
information is probably needed, but I am at a loss as to what that
information might be.

Any help would be a Godsend.

Thanks,
Skip.