struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: Attribute var invalid for tag bean according to TLD
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:39:39 GMT
Hello,

Musachy Barroso wrote:
> what version did you download?

I downloaded "Example Applications- struts-2.0.9-apps.zip (22mb)". I
extracted the lib, and followed the online tutorial page about beans.

I opened struts2-core-2.09.jar, and in "META-INF/struts-tags.tld" file:

   <tag>
     <name>bean</name>
     <tag-class>org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.BeanTag</tag-class>
     <description><![CDATA[Instantiate a JavaBean and place it in the
context]]></description>
     <attribute>
       <name>id</name>
       <required>false</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
       <description><![CDATA[id for referencing element. For UI and form
tags it will be used as HTML id attribute]]></description>
     </attribute>
     <attribute>
       <name>name</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
       <description><![CDATA[The class name of the bean to be
instantiated (must respect JavaBean specification)]]></description>
     </attribute>
   </tag>

I did not see "<name>var</name>" section? Shouldn't the attribute in
this file?

If not, would you tell me which jar file I should import into my project?

Thanks a lot!