struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Performance Problem with Dojo
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:31:51 GMT
I'm not familiar with that tag you are using, but there are general ways of
enhancing dojo, including initialising dojo with the dojo tag ids instead of
letting it scan for them, or compiling just the scripts that you need from dojo
instead of taking the default build.

I found last year that a page would be unacceptably slow if it had more than 15
to 20 dojo tags, even after performance tuning. Things have probably improved
since then, but probably not enough to provide for the usage you need.

I ended up writing my own plain javascript to cut out the processing of all the
generic code that dojo goes through when it initialises. Dojo does a great job
of fitting in well in any browser and any page layout but it has made it
snail-like on page load.

Regards
Adam