struts-user mailing list archives

From cilquirm <aadi.deshpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Conditional Validation (test if field is present in JSP)
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:49:04 GMT

You can manage conditionals by using expressions and fieldexpressions , so
your validation below would become :

    <field name="myInputFieldName">
        <field-validator type="fieldexpression">
             (#params['myInputFieldName'] neq null)  && ( myInputFieldName
neq null & myInputFieldName.trim().length()  gt 0 )
            <message key="errors.required"/>
        </field-validator>
    </field>