struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject Re: Velocity dependency
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:30:32 GMT
Hi Leon,
Sorry I think I wasn't clear.  I do not wish to use Velocity, all my
views are Freemarker or JSP based.  I have found that it seems to be the
Struts2 Sitemesh plugin that causes problems.  As soon as I declare it
then I get NoClassDefFound problems until I manually add the Velocity
dependencies?  Are they needed to run the Sitemesh plugin?  They are
marked as optional in the plugin POM and I would rather not have to
include them.

Thanks,
Martin.

----- Original message -----
From: "Leonidas Papadakis" <it@creteonline.gr>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:38:16 +0300
Subject: Re: Velocity dependency

Hi there,

i had to do the following things in order to add full velocity support.
The issue is that in struts2 even if you have to parse a velocity file,
it has to be a result of an action. So in order to be able to parse
velocity files even if they are not result of an action :

Add the following to web.xml:

    <servlet>
            <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet</servlet-class>

        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <!-- if you want another file mapping -->
    <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Add the following jar files to lib folder :

velocity-dep-1.4.jar
velocity-tools-1.1.jar

Regards,

Leon