struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Durham, Jr." <david.durham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] dojo 0.9 and ***-conversion.properties
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:52:05 GMT
On 8/1/07, Oguz Kologlu <ozkologlu@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Unexpected Exception caught setting 'contacts%5B0%5D.firstName' on
> 'class easybed.web.struts2.ContactsAction: Error setting expression
> 'contacts%5B0%5D.firstName' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@284bf3'
>
> Dojo 0.4.3 used to work ok (probably it didn't encode `[`
> characters). I realise this is a borderline S2 issue since it ships
> with 0.4.3 but it will eventually have to support 0.9 and will have
> to solve the issue.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe the parameter name is being
double escaped with JavaScript.  You might be able to test this by
manually forming a URL like:

   http://.../MyAction.do?contacts%5B0%5D.firstName=value

and seeing if the value is set properly in your action.  I think it
should be.  But, if you make the following request:

      http://.../MyAction.do?contacts%255B0%255D.firstName=value

which has the parameter name contacts[0].firstName in a double-escaped
form, maybe you can reproduce your error.  If the first URL is fine,
but the second URL fails with the exception you're seeing, then you're
double-escaping in your browser.  Could be a dojo bug, or just
something that's changed from 0.4.3 to 0.9 that users need to be aware
of.  Not sure.

HTH,

Dave