struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: displaying items in different colors in a <s:select> tag
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:08:31 GMT
Session A Mwamufiya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way, with the current version of struts 2, to use a conditional statement
to color code elements that are displayed in a <s:select> tag.  By this, I mean that
if I have items in my list that are >4, then they're red, and if they are <= 4, then
they are blue.  Obviously, this is not the conditional statement that I would want to use,
but it gives an idea of what I'm looking for.  So for the super creative minds out there,
here's a small nutcracker ;).

A quick look at the documentation for the tag [1] suggests that the
short answer is 'not out of the box'. There are attributes for
controlling the CSS class/styles for the containing SELECT element but
not, as far as I can see, for the individual OPTIONs.

If nothing else, though, you could write a custom template for this
'special use' and reference it through the template/templateDir attributes.

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/select.html