struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Redirect after File Upload
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:18:04 GMT
Jan Steinke wrote:
> Hi There,
> I would like to upload some jpegs with struts 2.0.9 and redirect to
> another site after the Action returns SUCCESS.
> I tried is like this ( after reading the file upload example from the
> struts 2 showcases):
>
> uploadPictureForm.jsp:
>
>               <s:form action="uploadPicture.action" method="POST"
> enctype="multipart/form-data">
>                   Datei hochladen (1): <s:file name="upload"
> accept="image/*"/><br>
>                   Datei hochladen (2): <s:file name="upload"
> accept="image/*"/><br>
>                   Datei hochladen (3): <s:file name="upload"
> accept="image/*"/><br>
>                   Datei hochladen (4): <s:file name="upload"
> accept="image/*"/><br>
>                   Datei hochladen (5): <s:file name="upload"
> accept="image/*"/><br>
>                   <s:a theme="ajax" targets="center"
> executeScripts="true" showLoadingText="true">upload</s:a>
>               </s:form>
>
> actions.xml (package inside struts.xml):
>
>       <action name="uploadPicture" class="actions.UploadPictureAction"
> method="upload">
>            <result name="input">uploadPictureForm.jsp</result>
>            <result>viewPictures.jsp</result>
>       </action>
>
> UploadPictureAction.java:

>   private File[] upload;
>        public String upload() throws Exception {
>       if(upload != null) {
>           ... // do something with my files
>           }
>         ....           System.out.println("reached End of Action");
>                return SUCCESS;
>   } ....
>
> Works fine except there's no redirect after return SUCCESS  (I also
> tried different  combinations in actions.xml like
> <result name="success" type="redirect">....
> But I get the same result. Successfull upload and no redirect :-( .
>
> Thanks for every reply,
>
> Jan

You'll need type="redirect" on your success result in order to get a
redirect. If that's not working, you probably aren't specifying the
redirect target correctly. Is 'viewPictures.jsp' a valid URL *relative
to* the URL your form posts to? Have you tried, for example,
/viewPictures.jsp or /YourContext/viewPictures.jsp?

L.