struts-user mailing list archives

From hezjing <hezj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Refresh JSP in Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 02:52:48 GMT
Can you explain what these Struts properties mean (see also
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.9/docs/strutsproperties.html) ?

struts.serve.static=true
struts.serve.static.browserCache=true

What does a static content means? In my case, the index.jsp is a static content?

Anyway, setting struts.serve.static.browserCache = false does not
refresh the latest JSP either :-(

On 8/27/07, hezjing <hezjing@gmail.com> wrote:
> I modified index.jsp directly in Tomcat 5.5\webapps\myapp directory.
>
> 1) Restart Tomcat 5.5.23
> 2) Accessed http://localhost:8080/myapp
> 3) Modified the title of Tomcat 5.5\webapps\myapp\index.jsp
> 4) Pressed Ctrl+F5 on IE6 (http://localhost:8080/myapp/welcome.action),
> BUT it is still showing the old version of index.jsp
>
> When checked, Tomcat
> 5.5\work\Catalina\localhost\myapp\org\apache\jsp\index_jsp.java is
> still writting the old title (?)
>

> On 8/27/07, Andrei Sauchanka <Andrei_Sauchanka@epam.com> wrote:
> > Hi, You can try to replace your index.jsp in tomcat directory where tom cat copies
your apps. For example [tom cat dir]/webapps/[Your apps]/ It works without restarting tom
cat server, just refresh your page in IE (Ctrl+F5).

> > Andrei Sauchanka,
> > Software Engineer
> > EPAM Systems
> > Gomel office, Belarus (GMT+2)
> > Office fax: +375 (23) 553-200
> > Mobile: +375 (29) 236-66-04, 124-42-68
> > E-mail: Andrei_Sauchanka@epam.com
> > WWW: http://www.epam.com
> >
> > CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
> > This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to
which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged
to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

--

Hez