struts-user mailing list archives

From hezjing <hezj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Refresh JSP in Tomcat 5.5
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:39:05 GMT
I modified index.jsp directly in Tomcat 5.5\webapps\myapp directory.

1) Restart Tomcat 5.5.23
2) Accessed http://localhost:8080/myapp
3) Modified the title of Tomcat 5.5\webapps\myapp\index.jsp
4) Pressed Ctrl+F5 on IE6 (http://localhost:8080/myapp/welcome.action),
BUT it is still showing the old version of index.jsp

When checked, Tomcat
5.5\work\Catalina\localhost\myapp\org\apache\jsp\index_jsp.java is
still writting the old title (?)

On 8/27/07, Andrei Sauchanka <Andrei_Sauchanka@epam.com> wrote:
> Hi, You can try to replace your index.jsp in tomcat directory where tom cat copies your
apps. For example [tom cat dir]/webapps/[Your apps]/ It works without restarting tom cat server,
just refresh your page in IE (Ctrl+F5).

> Andrei Sauchanka,
> Software Engineer
> EPAM Systems
> Gomel office, Belarus (GMT+2)
> Office fax: +375 (23) 553-200
> Mobile: +375 (29) 236-66-04, 124-42-68
> E-mail: Andrei_Sauchanka@epam.com
> WWW: http://www.epam.com
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
> This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which
it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete
this message and destroy any printed copies.

Hez