struts-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron, David" <David.Came...@anz.com>
Subject WARNings from OgnlUtil during normal use of redirect-action result
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 04:04:32 GMT
Hi

I believe I'm using the redirect-action result type in the recommended
way, but I'm seeing warnings from OgnlUtil in my log4j logs. Is there a
way to avoid the warnings, short of adjusting log4j.xml? The stack
traces are very deep, so they spam the logs. But I don't really want to
exclude all warnings from OgnlUtil from my logs, because I want the
application to be as easy to maintain as possible.

The current exception is correct: there is no property 'pageName' on
'org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'. I want the
'pageName' parameter passed as a parameter to the next action. The
struts documentation at
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/redirect-action-result.html suggests
that my struts config file is following the correct usage to achieve
this effect.

Here's a snippet from my struts.xml:
<action name="savePagePart5"
    class="com.zzz.actions.SaveApplicationAction">
    <result name="success" type="redirect-action">
        <param name="actionName">viewPage.action</param>
        <param name="pageName">${page.nextPage}</param>
    </result>
</action>

And an excerpt from the resulting stack trace:
[2007-08-09 12:41:40,246] WARN  [SocketListener0-0]
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil:369 - Caught OgnlException while
setting property 'pageName' on type
'org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'.
ognl.NoSuchPropertyException:
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult.pageName
	at
ognl.ObjectPropertyAccessor.setProperty(ObjectPropertyAccessor.java:132)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack$ObjectAccessor.setProperty(O
gnlValueStack.java:68)
	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.setProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:1656)
	at ognl.ASTProperty.setValueBody(ASTProperty.java:101)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateSetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:177)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.setValue(SimpleNode.java:246)
	at ognl.Ognl.setValue(Ognl.java:476)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.setValue(OgnlUtil.java:186)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.internalSetProperty(OgnlUtil.java:
360)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java:76)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java:49)
	at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsObjectFactory.buildResult(StrutsObjectFact
ory.java:95)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.createResult(DefaultActi
onInvocation.java:195)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:342)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:253)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:245
)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Cheers!
Dave

"This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") is, unless otherwise stated,
confidential,  may contain copyright material and is for the use only of the intended recipient.
If you receive the Communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete the Communication and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit
or otherwise deal with it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual
sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, or any of its related entities including ANZ National Bank Limited
(together "ANZ"). ANZ does not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors
in the Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising from
or in respect of the Communication."