struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [S2] How to apply formatting to s:property?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:54:58 GMT
--- Neil Aggarwal <neil@JAMMConsulting.com> wrote:
> I tried moving the package.properties to
> WEB-INF/classes so it would be application
> wide but that seems to be ignored.

Hmm, I guess I would have thought that would work, but
I've never tried.

> I would still really like a way to make a global
> properties file if possible.  Any suggestions on how

> to do that?

If everything extends ActionSupport (my actions do,
out of convenience) you can put it in the
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport package.

I'm not sure why the global resources property setting
doesn't work, although I would suspect a property file
naming / location / packaging issue. Comments on
suggests that it works.

d.