struts-user mailing list archives

From Darryl Thompson <darrylthomp...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Struts1/Tiles and Struts2/tiles in same app
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2007 01:51:50 GMT
Pavel,

Thanks for the reply and yes I have covered the basics:
tiles jars (api, core, jsp) for 2.0.4org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener defined
in web.xmltiles.xml (for struts2) under WEB-INFstruts.xml package that extends tiles-defaultMy
Struts2 action returns a string that points to a Tiles2 definition in the tiles.xml file but
I get exception that no tiles def by that name is found.
This is a stanza from struts.xml:
       <action name="storyAction_*" method="{1}" class="demo.StoryAction">
            <result name="tilesList">.view.struts23.welcome</result>
            <result name="view">pages/storyProfileView.jsp</result>
        </action>
The action returns "tilesList" and ".view.struts23.welcome" is not found even though it is
in the tiles.xml contains a definition by that name.

So, my issue is that the tiles.xml file does not seem to be available for processing at run-time.
I have not found a SINGLE tutorial that will show a working example no matter how simple of
a web app containing both s1/tiles1 and s2/tiles2.

If you know of such an example please send me the link

Thanks

----- Original Message ----
From: Pavel Sapozhnikov <pavel.sapozhnikov@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 8:09:33 PM
Subject: Re: Struts1/Tiles and Struts2/tiles in same app

Well there are definitely some tutorials on the net how to start this thing
with Tiles2. You have to include a servlet in web.xml and make sure to put a
result type to struts.xml and when you want to use tiles just use result
type tiles. Also make sure all your necessary jars are in place. I heard s2
plugin is not really necessary however I dont know how to do tiles without
that plugin. Then also have your tiles.xml file and put definitions there
make sure you have your base layout page then it struts.xml whatever you
name your definition in tiles.xml you point your result to it. You can also
point right to a jsp but I also dont know how to do that. But I definately
know that tiles.xml defintions work cuz I've tried it myself so. Good luck.

--
Pavel Sapozhnikov
xFact, Inc