struts-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: S2 Ajax : Static files - what, where?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:59:18 GMT
j alex wrote:
> Since i cannot use the Ajax/XHTML theme due to UI layout issues , i'm having
> a custom theme that extends "simple"  ; i wanted to know if this validation
> really depends on having theme="ajax"
>
> I replaced <s:head theme="ajax" /> with the equivalent javascript includes,
> and it seems to work fine ;are there any specific server-side
> (Action/interceptors etc.) that rely on the theme being ajax which i may be
> missing ?

Joseph,

I don't think theme effects the server side, it just controls
tags HTML output.
I also had layout issues with ajax theme, but extending struts 2
themes seemed too complicated to me, so I just looked at the HTML
output of ajax theme tags and copied them with my changes to JSP.
Do you edit freemarker files to extend a theme?

Oleg