struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: RE [S2] autowiring with hand rolled factory
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:35:44 GMT
Um? It's not obvious what the rationale is, I assure you. Of course the Spring
object factory is feature rich, but which particular features was it? Or perhaps
the lack of obviousness is just an artifact of the way I have learnt the ropes
of Struts2.

It seems like struts2 says:

1: here's struts.xml where you configure your actions
2: here's an autowiring interceptor and it uses Spring to grab dependencies for
your actions
3: by the way, if you want to list all your actions in Spring as well as in
struts.xml, it's kind of cool.

Of course at point 3 I immediately think, why would I want to do that again?
Can't I save myself the effort of doing it twice? I guess I'm expecting an
attribute on the action node that would define an object factory reference where
the action bean would be found, instead of a class.