struts-user mailing list archives

From me <mli...@e-beyond.de>
Subject */* Wildcard in Action
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:39:56 GMT
Hi,

I've followed the examples in the InfoQ-Book "Starting Struts2"
regarding CRUD.
But there is an issue with the following action:
<action name=”*/*” method=”{2}”
class=”com.infoq.actions.{1}Action”>
<result type=”redirect”>/{1}/view.action</result>
the request on this Action results in an exception:

    Struts Problem Report

Struts has detected an unhandled exception:

# *Messages*: 	There is no Action mapped for namespace /User and action
name list.

      Stacktraces

*There is no Action mapped for namespace /User and action name list. -
[unknown location]*

    com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:186)

I think that the wildcard */* doesn't work. If I replace the / with an _
everything works fine.
Is there a way to use the / or should I use the _?

yours

Marc