struts-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: performing multiple things with a single button
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:36:50 GMT
Session A Mwamufiya wrote:
> 1. capture values from the frame and put them in the session object
> 2. load a different page in the current frame
> 3. force the other frame to reload
>
> Getting 1 and 2 are fine with the standard struts 2 flow of events (1 in the action,
and 2 as the result page), but how would I be able to do task 3 in addition to these two others?
 Is there a way to force a particular frame to reload from within the action?

Add your JavaScript to reload other frame to onLoad event of
current frame in 2.
3 is fairly easy to do with onLoad or some other way, until 2
is non-conditional and doesn't depend on logic of 1 or 2
(validation for instance).

Oleg