struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [S2] Parameterized File Downloading
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 04:50:13 GMT
Grish wrote:
> <s:url id="downloadUrl" action="download" namespace="/filedownload">
>   <s:param name="inputPath" value="/images/test.gif" />
> </s:url>
> <s:a href="%{downloadUrl}">Get image</s:a>

So does this generate a link relative to your webapp of
filedownload/download.action?inputPath=/images/test.gif

?

( note, ".action" could be ".do", ".html" or whatever you have that
extension set to, apparently even "".  (I may have to try that in my
app...) )

If so, then the problem is somewhere between the receipt of the request
and the handoff after the execute() method is run from the bean defined
as fileDownloadAction.  I leave it to you to trace through the process.
Is the setter being called?  In the execute method is there a value?  Is
it using the class you think it's using?  You can specify a method
(other than the default execute) if you'd like to put your checks there.

-Dale