struts-user mailing list archives

From paul.saum...@merge-solutions.com
Subject RE: [S2] <s:param> issues w/ url tags
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:36:02 GMT
Musachy,

Thanks, but I am using the param tags.

onclick="location.href='<s:url action="WorkspaceAction"><s:param name="ownerObj"
value="%{prevObj}"/></s:url>'"

Or should I declare my url actions and assign an id and then use something like:

Onclick="location.href='%{WorkActionUrl}'" ? Would that make a difference?

Thanks,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Musachy Barroso [mailto:musachy@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 4:17 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [S2] <s:param> issues w/ url tags

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/why-are-request-parameters-appended-to-our-hyperlinks.html

musachy

On 8/27/07, paul.saumets@merge-solutions.com
<paul.saumets@merge-solutions.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Been awhile since I've posted. Been running into an issue today and I know this is going
to make me look like a fool  but better to seek quick advice here rather than bang my head
for hours. J

> When I hit a page my action returns a JSP. The JSP page renders fine but within the JSP
page I have a declaration such as the following:

> <input type="button" onclick="location.href='<s:url action="WorkspaceAction"><s:param
name="ownerObj" value="%{prevObj}"/></s:url>'" value="Back"/>

> The purpose here is just to take you one step backwards and it simply has one parameter
passed.

> My problem is when I view the source of the page with the button now it reads as follows:
>
> Onclick="location.href='/myapp/WorkspaceAction.do?ownerObj=1&amp;prevObj=1'" ..etc
>
> Why is it attaching the prevObj parameter at the end? This parameter was active when
I came to the page and was used to render the page but as I've declared above, the parameter
should not exist on this input button.