struts-user mailing list archives

From <Thomas.Zygadlew...@swisslife.ch>
Subject AW: STRUTS 1.3.8 Validator ist destroying my SessionToken
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:02:13 GMT
It is true.. I guess.
When the Struts-Validation fails, the following action-class is still executed - leading to
the isTokenValid() Method being
Used.
The strange thing is : the process stops after the first action-class and returns the validator-errors
to the screen.

I found a way to forward the request-Token to the following action-class. So I'm able to test
the token after the half-broken-validator did his test.
But it's not the way I imagined... And I bet it's not supposed to happen that way.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: paulus.benedictus@gmail.com [mailto:paulus.benedictus@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Paul
Benedict
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. August 2007 01:25
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: STRUTS 1.3.8 Validator ist destroying my SessionToken

On 8/28/07, Thomas.Zygadlewicz@swisslife.ch <Thomas.Zygadlewicz@swisslife.ch>
wrote:

> If the validator detects wrong data and returns me to the input-form it
> still starts the actionclass of the submit button - and its executing
> isTokenValid() .

This can't be true. If you're using automatic validation, the action will
not be invoked if validation fails. The only way this might seem like it is
happening, if your input forward refers to another action.

And of course it leads to the token being deleted... So if the user
> corrects his errors he still cant continue to page2...

I'd like to hear more about this.

Paul