struts-user mailing list archives

From paul.saum...@merge-solutions.com
Subject [S2] <s:param> issues w/ url tags
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:28:55 GMT
Hi all,

Been awhile since I've posted. Been running into an issue today and I know this is going to
make me look like a fool  but better to seek quick advice here rather than bang my head for
hours. J

When I hit a page my action returns a JSP. The JSP page renders fine but within the JSP page
I have a declaration such as the following:

<input type="button" onclick="location.href='<s:url action="WorkspaceAction"><s:param
name="ownerObj" value="%{prevObj}"/></s:url>'" value="Back"/>

The purpose here is just to take you one step backwards and it simply has one parameter passed.

My problem is when I view the source of the page with the button now it reads as follows:

Onclick="location.href='/myapp/WorkspaceAction.do?ownerObj=1&amp;prevObj=1'" ..etc

Why is it attaching the prevObj parameter at the end? This parameter was active when I came
to the page and was used to render the page but as I've declared above, the parameter should
not exist on this input button.

In fact I'm seeing this parameter get attached to all my input button urls on the page?

How can I avoid this please? Thanks in advance for making me feel like an idiot. Heh

Regards,
Paul