struts-user mailing list archives

From "Session A Mwamufiya" <smwam...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:58:05 GMT
Hi, I have an action that is validateable and uses the validate method to ensure that an element
isn't added to the database if it already exists in there.  Unfortunately, the validation
occurs as soon as my form is launched.  I tried to follow the approach from the helloworld
example to not have this happen, but it doesn't work.  I would rather avoid using annotations
for maintainability reasons.  Would someone give me directions to how to stop validation from
occurring when the form is launched.

Thanks,