struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 !!!OK!!! cannot we live without Spring?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 02:00:56 GMT
--- Hayrol Reyes Mejía <hayrolr@hotmail.com> wrote:
> why I have found several documentation, tutorials,
> etc, that always include Spring? ... It's supposed
> that we need to live with Spring for the rest of
> the live?

You don't need to use Spring if you don't want to.

Spring consists of many independent parts; you do not
need to use all of it -- the primary use in S2
applications is primarily dependency injection, which
is very simple to set up and maintain.

I suspect many of us also use it for database access,
but that's certainly not required (although it's a
pretty good idea, in my opinion).

d.