struts-user mailing list archives

From "Session A Mwamufiya" <smwam...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: using xml validation for a jsp at the same time as action validateable
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:16:29 GMT
A bit more info on this.  My struts.xml (actually, a different config file that's called from
struts.xml) contains the following:

<action name="SMIGSelection" class="edu.cmu.sei.smart.zen.server.smigmaintenance.SMIGSelection">
  <result name="success">/pages/smigmaintenance/SMIGSelection.jsp</result>
  <result name="reloadNavigationFrame">/pages/smigmaintenance/EmptyReloadNavigationTree.jsp</result>
  <result name="createSMIG" type="redirect-action">SMIGCreation_input</result>
</action>

<action name="SMIGCreation_*" method="{1}" class="edu.cmu.sei.smart.zen.server.smigmaintenance.SMIGCreation">
  <result>/pages/smigmaintenance/SMIGCreation.jsp</result>
  <result name="input">/pages/smigmaintenance/SMIGCreation.jsp</result>
  <result name="reloadNavigationFrame">/pages/smigmaintenance/EmptyReloadNavigationTree.jsp</result>
</action>

I keep having both my validations go off (xml validation of fields and my validate()) when
the action is redirected from the SMIGSelection action.  I was under the impression that using
this approach should send an input result which should not trigger the validation.  By the
way, if I remove the input result in SMIGCreation, the server gives me an error that states
that there is no association between the SMIGCreation action and the result INPUT.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Session