struts-user mailing list archives

From james_carbon5 <ja...@carbonfive.com>
Subject Can anyone explain the leading "r" in OGNL list syntax?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:29:45 GMT

I was trying to figure out how to use a static map, that I created in a
freemarker template, to populate a drop down list, a la:

<@s.select ... list=#{"foo":"foo stuff","bar":"bar stuff"} />

After an hour or so of banging my head into my keyboard I found
http://www.jroller.com/cdaniluk/entry/webwork_and_freemarker_part_deux this
post , where I learned that this will work.

<@s.select ... list=r'#{"foo":"foo stuff","bar":"bar stuff"}' />

Can someone explain what the leading "r" is, or point me to some
documentation that explains what it is and when to use it? I haven't been
able to find any mention of it in the struts 2, freemarker, or ognl language
documentation. Thanks!