struts-user mailing list archives

From afp <arup.fran...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject Adding additional parameters to struts 2 tags and accessing them in the ftl files
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:35:28 GMT

Reposting as last post was not very clear

Hi,

   I am trying to add some custom parameters/attributes to the struts2 tags
like <s:fielderrors /> etc...

Some tihing like the below wud have been perfect

<s:fielderrors abc="def" />

and I shud be able to access the parameter abc from within the ftl file like
this
<#if parameters.abc?exists && parameters.abc == "def">
 ${parameters.abc}
</#if>

This is not quite happenning for me, I tried giving the additional parameter
using the <s:param /> tag
<s:fielderrors>
  <s:param name="abc" value="dec" />
</s:fielderrors?
but still I am not able to access the passed parameter in the ftl file and
the condition always fails.

Can anyone let me know on how I can pass on extra parameters to an ftl file
and access it in the ftl file.

TIA,
Arup