struts-user mailing list archives

From "Petzsch, Martin" <martin.petz...@capgemini.com>
Subject [S2] Error Message display
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:50:36 GMT

Hi,

Short of modifying the template for s:fielderror is there a way to retrieve
just the text of the error message on a JSP?

Even with the theme set to simple I get the following on my jsp:

What I want is just the message:
An Error Message

And then I am free to decorate it as I wish.

Equally if you think I am taking the wrong approach to this please let me
know.  The goal is to just display an error message - to the right of the
field and to decorate it with CSS classes of our choice.  Ending up with
something like this:

<input type="text" name="myBean.name" value="" id="name"/>

Many thanks!
Martin

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini
UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office
is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.