struts-user mailing list archives

From "Al Sutton" <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject RE: X11 server at :0.0
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:16:15 GMT
Yup, it's a problem where the full set of required X11 libraries aren't
installed on the machine your trying to run the webapp on and you're doing
something involving graphics (e.g. drawing to a buffer and serving the image
from a servlet).

Best bet is to install the X libraries, next best would be to use the
command line switch which removes the need for the X11 libs
(-Djava.awt.headless=true )

Al.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Mammen [mailto:John_Mammen@infosys.com]
Sent: 06 August 2007 12:18
To: 'user@struts.apache.org'
Subject: X11 server at :0.0

Hi,

Have any of you faced this issue while deploying an application in WAS?

Error executing deployment: java.lang.InternalError. Error is Can't connect
to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable..

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as
the value of the DISPLAY variable. I found this document on the IBM site
which says make an entry in Server>Application Servers> <Application server>
> Java and Process management> Process definition > Custom properties

Enter 'DISPLAY' in the name field (which I did) and #port number in value
field (I entered 6000). But I still get the same error.

Regards,
John.

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to
any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain
viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this
risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any
virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and
review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.
Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys
e-mail system.