struts-user mailing list archives

From "Toni Lyytikäinen" <tol...@gmail.com>
Subject The <s:tree> -tag - how to use properly?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:04:02 GMT
I'm trying to make a simple page like the one in the struts showcase app
that displays a tree, and when the user clicks a node, the page will display
information about that node. The problem is however, that the documentation
on the tree-tag is scarce and the example in the showcase app (version 2.0.8)
doesn't work. It seems the event processing isn't working. Here's what I'm
trying to work up from:

    dojo.event.topic.subscribe("treeSelected", function
treeNodeSelected(node)) {
        alert("It works!");
    });
</script>

<s:tree
    id="dep_structure"
    theme="ajax"
    rootNode="%{department}"
    childCollectionProperty="children"
    nodeIdProperty="id"
    nodeTitleProperty="name"
    toggle="explode"
    treeSelectedTopic="treeSelected" />

I've also tried the approach in the showcase app, but it doesn't work
either. So how can I subscribe to the events sent by the tree constructed
with the tree-tag?