struts-user mailing list archives

From Manisha M Sathe <manisha_sa...@freddiemac.com>
Subject Re: Need to forward to Nothing
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:14:30 GMT
Thanks to all, I tried that out. I am not getting any error but I am
getting warning.

My forward:

return mapping.findForward(null);

Warning on console:

 [Jul 26, 2007 13:48:52] [ExecuteThread: '14' for queue:
'weblogic.kernel.Default'] WARN  [org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping]
- Unable to find 'null' forward.

My entry as:

        <action path="/reconRestart"
                type=
"com.freddiemac.msof.fire.common.admin.ui.action.ReconRestartAction"
                name="processReconForm"
                validate="false"
                input="reconSummaryReport.page">
        </action>

Am I missing anything ? Any thoughts ?

regards,
Manisha

   "Paul Benedict" <pbenedict@apache.org>
   Sent by: paulus.benedictus@gmail.com
   07/26/2007 01:05 PM
   Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Need to forward to Nothing

If you return null from an action in S1, that means you handled the
response
yourself -- no need for Struts to intervene. This has nothing to do with
"killing the process" (bad news for your web container). Returning null is
acceptable when sending a file for download, for example.

Paul