struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 1.x Best Practices...
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:15:42 GMT
The beanUtils.copyProperties method handles simple conversions. For
complex conversions, like dates, I often found it simplest to code an
extra property, so that there would be both  "currentDateText"  and
"currentDate" properties. The business layer would use the currentDate
property and the actionForm would handle the type conversions through
currentDateText on the fly and call getCurrentDate or setCurrentDate
behind the scenes.

I've a list of Struts Practices in the form of a presentation here:

 * http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/download/attachments/829/struts-practices.pdf

but there isn't much explanation.

HTH, Ted.