struts-user mailing list archives

From Balazs Michnay <sztg.sze...@yahoo.com>
Subject Chart generator servlet
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:01:51 GMT
Hi there,

I wanted to generate charts from my web-app and I found jCharts (http://jcharts.sourceforge.net/)
as one good choice.
I deployed the example war, so I saw how to set up a simple "chart generator" servlet.
It works just fine.
If my chart is generated from a servlet, only the resulting chart is displayed on the page.
Since I'd like to embed my chart into a struts application (I'd like to get the chart displayed
on one a jsp page), I must find a way to display not only the chart, but other HTML content
as well.
There is also an example that generates a chart directly from a JSP, but nothing else can
be displayed again, but the chart itself.
Can you please tell me how to use my "chart generator" servlet to get the result embedded
into my jsp page (as an image file or in any other way)?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

MB

for the edge of your seat?