struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject [S2] onchange semantic mismatch for optiontransferselect
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:19:43 GMT
An optiontransferselect is composed on the page of a couple select
boxes, and buttons to move items around in/between them.  The semantic
meaning of this collection of elements is a single selected and ordered
list, and I would like to add an "onchange" javascript call for when the
selected items change.  The problem is that the tag only provides for
registering these types of events on the two select boxes, and as far as
they are concerned, adding additional (non-selected) items does not
count as a change in what it's watching: which items are selected.

I propose adding another more global "metaonchange" attribute to this
tag, which gets called upon completion of any of the functions
implementing the movement buttons.

Comments?  Is there anyone that would find this simple to add, or should
I create a JIRA ticket and post a set of patches?  Can anyone quickly
tell me if my guess that this will only require changes to three files
is incorrect?  (OptionTransferSelect.java, optiontransferselect.js,
simple/optiontransferselect.ftl)

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/optiontransferselect.html

-Dale