struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: [S2] Validation alias
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:03:35 GMT
Crocker, Patrick wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't get that (MySpringAction-crudsave-validation.xml)
> to work.  The validation never fires.  Am I missing something, or just
> barking up the wrong tree all-together?

The last time I checked you had to use the wildcard approach to call
methods in your action rather than via the method="" attribute in the
form.  At the very least, the two different methods create different
aliases that the validation interceptor searches for and the
documentation describes the former approach.

ie. This will find MySpringAction-crudsave-validation.xml

<action name="crud*" class="mySpringAction" method="{1}">

<s:form action="crud">
  <!-- form stuff in here... -->
  <s:submit action="crudsave" />
</s:form>

I never investigated what the validation filename should be for the method="" approach, sorry,
but this will get you closer.