struts-user mailing list archives

From mraible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject [s2] Is it possible to pre-compile JSPs and evaluate expressions?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:22:53 GMT

Is it possible to pre-compile JSPs with Struts 2, as well as compile/evaluate
OGNL expressions?

I found the following on compiling OGNL expressions, but it's a little more
low-level than what I'm looking for.

http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/ognl-expression-compilation.html

I'm looking for a mechanism or tool that will allow me to parse/compile
pages and look for syntax errors that might exist in expressions. I'd
probably need to somehow map Actions to JSPs (possibly using zero-config or
struts.xml) and then evaluate expressions to make sure they map to methods
that exist in Actions or on the ValueStack.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks,

Matt